Environmental Program Coordinator – Canada Summer Jobs position
The Yorklands Green Hub (YGH) is a non-profit organization working to create a one-of-a-kind green hub in Guelph for the benefit of the community on part of the former Guelph Correctional Centre (GCC) heritage lands. We run environmental advocacy and educational programming in the community and on site. Learn more at: https://yorklandsgreenhub.ca/our-vision/
The Environmental Program Coordinator will support the operations and development of our outdoor education and urban agriculture programming.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the YGH team in the planning and administration of programs (urban agriculture, pollination, tree identification, themed walks, nature art)
- Set up programming spaces and lead participants through presentations, workshops and activities
- Share knowledge of environmental sustainability, urban agriculture and conservation
- Develop communication materials and community engagement tools to promote programs
- To be eligible youth must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee/ asylum status
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Please note that International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible.
- Knowledge of key concepts in sustainability, water conservation, urban agriculture and/or outdoor education.
- Experience with child & youth programming and/or education.
- Experience in sustainability, water conservation, urban agriculture and/or outdoor education is an asset.
- Experience with program coordination and design is an asset.
- Experience with marketing and communications is an asset.
DATES AND REMUNERATION:
The position starts on June 21, 2021 and ends on August 13, 2021.
The position pays $3,990
Please send a cover letter and résumé to David Alton at email@example.com by June 4th